Tuesday, February 9, 2021

HITTING THE NOTE PART 1

 Dear Readers.


It's been a busy couple of weeks recently, since my boss offered me the chance to be involved in my local COVID vaccination centre so I've been working basically seven days a week. The only days I've had off are when I'm working in the evenings, so that accounts for why things have been so quiet recently. Fear not, normal service will continue.


In the meantime, with what little time I've had off, I've been listening to music and some has recently hit the note, and I'm going to post the link to it here. Maybe it'll inspire you, maybe you'll think it's shit, maybe you'll love it, but check it out and find out. Some of it has to do with themes I feel ring true for the emotions left behind after abuse, some of course just strikes feelings or hits on lessons learned in life, like good music should do. It's the emotion behind it, not just the sound of the notes.


The first thing I'm gonna post now is 'Broken' by South African band 'Seether' featuring Amy Lee from 'Evanescence' (who I think was dating 'Seether' lead singer Shaun Morgan at the time this was made). It makes me think of how some people do in fact feel broken from relationships or abuse, and also how people feel being forcibly separated from one another by this virus.*


As time goes on, I'll be posting more of these and explaining why I feel it's pertinent to this blog. 


Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPC2Fp7IT7o


Sincerely,

The Invisible Man


*Don't listen to those saying it's indefinite or scare stories about vaccines not working against mutations, I've spoken to doctors at the vaccine centre, they told me that viruses mutating are perfectly normal, and it's relatively easy to update and adapt vaccines accordingly. Usually those scare stories are just scaremongering bits of spin made by news outlets looking for selling papers, or more often these days, clickbait.

No comments:

Post a Comment